I met a kid who looked like Bob Dylan today

He wrote the same exam as me; this kid. He had a quaff of light sandy coloured hair. He was kind of unsure of himself and I felt a little bad for him.

He said he was going to be a copywriter or something when he'd finished his degree. Well, the "and something" was what got me. I don't know what future there is for people in the creative arts, specifically those who work with words.

And my own doubts have developed into a kind of a monster over these past 10 soulless years. I didn't hold back from showing him the garbled old monster that's grown up within me and changed the shape of my face, my eyes; my posture; infested everything about me...

And obviously after that, there was nothing much to talk about. I mean people want positive feedback  on life, right? Especially from older and more experienced people. But in my present space, I could offer nothing. Just a nasty and cynical mutt's face.

I hope I didn't send him off into a depression...

Comments