Tears

I hope I haven't left my book outside. Lord I hope I haven't. It'll be sopping wet.

I'm thinking to myself how strangely kids look at me these days, as if I'm old. Yet I still feel like a kid I'm 31.

 I was going to go out and then it rained. Anyway, that's a good thing. It makes me feel better about not going out. At least, I don't feel any obligation to live it up while I'm still in my early 30's.

The book I'm reading at the moment is about a Mexican family whose youngest daughter has to look after her mother and is forbidden from marrying on account of this tradition. However, there's a problem: Pedro, the man who promised to love her forever has gone and married her sister. Tita (that's the name of the sister who was promised Pedro's undying love) is the family chef under an older woman in the family, and it's her duty to bake the wedding cake. However, when she does, she cries into the mirangue mixture and her sadness becomes contageous, so that the whole wedding ceremony becomes a crying mess. There's vomit and tears everywhere and she's blamed for all of this.

Comments