I am learning to appreciate the small things in life again

This afternoon I was down.

And I really do mean down. I had no will to carry on; could find nothing of value. No principles to set me on the forward path. I was despicably, incorrigibly down. There was nothing you could say to me that would turn my mind away from my phlegmatic doldrums. If you had said to me; "Ana Lilou is here to see you", I would have remarked: "What does she want to do with me?"

A little background on Ana Lilou. Ana is a writer. She's also one of the most beautiful women I've seen in my life. But don't get your hopes up. I only saw her on Facebook. 

All the nymphets in the world can't save me when I'm in a despicable state like that. 

The key to authentic living is to get away from technology. I was filling up every gap of this emotional dam I'm in with technology; left right and center. I wasn't interested in getting to know my real emotions. 

So what did it take to come right, you ask? A bit of down time, a bit of time away from technology.  A bit of time appreciating the really little things in life. And by little, I mean the subtle fragrances of cabbage in a stir fry. I mean the things that exist outside the orbit humanity has created for itself. I mean the little nuances that I had forgotten about. 

My mother remarked on how amazing the difference between a walnut and a macadamia was. It's something I wouldn't care for before. If I wasn't in this sudden phase of appreciating subtleties again, I would not have given this observation the time of day. 

Comments