Things never go the way you want them to

You can try to control outcomes but invariably this tactic will backfire. I tried to make Thailand into a place of wildly intelligent people but I ended up feeling disappointed afterwards. First of all were my housemates who I felt I could speak to on my own level. This lasted for about 3 weeks before a meltdown occurred. I now hardly talk to them, I feel isolated, and this has been a hefty blow to my health. It has been no easy week, this last one, with the double disappointment of losing my date whom I was banking on to be with me and share human emotions with. Add to this the virtual snubbing of a girl who invited me to church who seemed like she'd be my romantic companion. But on waking this morning I realized that my body was toned. I looked more in control, healthier and more impressive. These were the sweet and undeniably firm fruits of yesterday's labor.

And so it turns out that the only things we can control are those things within us, or which can shape us.

Comments