How to deal with idiots

The first tip is: Don't.

Don't deal with idiots if you can help it. But if you have to, and I mean really have to, there are a few ways you can offset the damage to yourself. The first tip I have is to play ball. Do whatever they reasonably ask of you. Just do it so that they don't have anything to use against you.

Next is to show that they're actually the unreasonable ones by avoiding them at the dinner table. I prefer not to talk to them at all although I realise I have to in order to keep the smooth running of the household. They realise I pay rent here and so they're the ones who have to step in line. I'm not going to sit idly by while they fail to supply me with a plate, a chair, or a glass of champagne, and then still try to force-feed me drink.

Stand up for yourself. The big change came on Wednesday night, the night before Jarred's brother left. I realised that I'm not a poor little helpless victim. That's when I went out there and struck two bargains in the big city market. I'll be back there, so I don't feel bad about ripping anyone off. I love the people of Thailand. the aggression that was beaming straight out of my eyes though, helped them get the message. I didn't even ask for a bargain, they just gave it to me. I must have just been giving off the right vibe.

Comments