Your agent is supposed to work for you? Not in Thailand

Don't let people tell you TEFL is inspiring in Thailand. The kids are cute, the teachers are good (for the most part) but that's about where it ends. The dark side is where the money changes hands.

The agents have turned the whole thing into a massive racket . They wield more power than anyone. Moreover, they are the bane of the education system here. In many cases you work for the agents, when really an agent is supposed to work for you.

The agents here take 50 percent of your wage and disperse it among various government entities,from immigration, to police, to various heads of departments. Most agents pay for your visa costs.

My situation was particularly bad.

This "woman" who took half my salary  had gone insane from the Covid 19. She was supposed to get me work. Half my salary goes to the woman and her woman lover. And one day after being 1 minute late, she just about lost her mind.

This woman saw I'd fallen on hard times and offered me help in the way of accommodation. The place was in fact little more than a run-down old hovel. Taking that place was the last thing I should have ever done.

I will tell you more if you like. But as far as I can see, no one is reading.. or commenting.

Comments