Does Yoga help?

 In my opinion yoga is more than just a fad. It genuinely helps me think more calmly and clearly during the day. But I have to wonder, if yoga wasn't shrouded in such a cool aesthetic, would it still have the same effect? The way I access yoga has always been through chic video presentations, preferably with a beautiful woman leading the way. I recall thinking that one day I'd be so zen, and so improved by yoga that I'd have my own place in Kalk Bay and operate some form of business or other. This hasn't come to pass. Instead, I'm working in Thailand in a very mediocre-paying position and the future seems as cloudy as it ever did. I'm not sure why I'm putting in these late nights or who I'm going to be in the next 2 years at this rate (I'll be 37). The floor is a little bit grotty. All around me are signs of laziness. I want to go do things but I can't remember what they are. The motivation comes back when I go to beautiful places. Yesterday I watched a video on a man who died and came back to life. It made me think that maybe I'm just tired of all this. I want to go to heaven I think. I'm not even sure I'll marry. The thing is, I am going places but my heart is standing right here. I am never in sync with the important parts of my soul. Except when I have a good coffee. Then for a few minutes I feel alive again. Other than that I'm just as lost as I usually am. 

Comments