Reimagining 1984

The preacher is talking an avalanche of garbage and vomit over his followers. The followers don't realize what's happening. Trying to make his voice heard through the morass of other voices, he neglects the basic principle of letting others talk. He loves the sound of his own voice... And because all this is going on,  so many other YouTube creators can't get much out of YouTube. It would be nice to make a killing there, on strictly intelligent ideas. Intelligent yet spiritual ideas. The trouble is that we're living in 1984 and we don't realize it, because everyone is watching everything all the time. The upshot is that we cannot possibly be selective enough to improve the situation we're in... So it just gets more mediocre. More luke-warm The art gets worse, and the people get worse. A living hell with big brother on our cases would be far more entertaining. Far more fetching.  

All time and attention are being recklessly stolen by cheap prophets in nylon suits. I can't stand it anymore. He says Joel Osteen is bad, but he's not much better. 

That the intelligent must suffocate under a carpet of dust created by the stupid content of a million dumb voices rattling on and on, and that nobody does a damn thing about it, is torture. Can we just discuss the lack of artists in the mainstream Christian community? Can we discuss the fact that David and Joseph and Jonah were singular people? Jews with class. People of distinction. Not this guff with sentimental piano music playing in the background. These were Kafka types. These were Philip Glass types. These were people who slew effeminate men with donkey's jawbones. Thousands of them. And then tore down the temple with their bare hands just to wake them all up out of their depravity.

They weren't these idiots on YouTube. I suppose I'm asking for the world to be different and that's not likely to happen, but I'm sick of the whole lot. I'm sick of Jongjin Yamsri never returning my kindness. She didn't help me in the least. . . And is that all that there is to say about her? No, far from it. She'd have a darling of a life living next to me. Instead she chose her fate in the mire and the dust of Surat Thani. Show a bit of interest and I'd be married to  you, Jongjin. I hope you're reading this.

May I just say that if death is the sacrifice here, if giving up our mortal bodies to the executioner to get out of this hell-hole we call life, for a higher ideal in Christ is the punishment, then I'm in!

Make me an example. Chop off my head first!


Comments