The boss is a real sour puss

 The boss has suddenly gone silent. 

I started working for him 2 years ago as an English teacher and him as the boss of the English Department and all was running like a pipe dream. 

But then one day his wife entered the picture. Mook the Barbarian I now call her. She's pretty and everything but a savage sour puss of a woman with a Thai Superiority complex who also hates men. 

Men who don't tell her what to do are okay, but men who give the slightest suggestion that she's wrong or that they aren't following her word for word, she rams them under the bus with no restraint. It's a funny old world, Thailand. A cut-throat one at times, I'm not even going to lie about it. 

A lot of nice people here too, but since the Vid (the whole martial law episode that slowed down things for 2 years and led to people jumping off bridges) people have a sense of being wronged. They no longer act so nicely. 

But Mook the barbarian was always like that. Even before the Vid. Ever since I met her. She's a savage old beast of a lady with zero sense about what's fair or unfair. 

When you go near her you get a hunchback just bowing to be lower than her because that's what she demands. Nothing less. You have to speak like a little fairy man or you're out. 

Women she's okay with but it's the men she doesn't like. She hates them in fact. 

This is why Steve, the boss has gone silent on me lately. Because he's probably got enough on his plate as it is and this nagging hag keeps telling him not to help me while I'm here abroad. 

It's okay though. I'm connected with a church here and they'll help me out for sure. But The treatment is a bit hilarious. The guy - Steve, my boss - is probably the nicest man I know and the most helpful. 

But when Mook the Barbarian starts her trouble, it's all over for me. I might as well cut ties with them. Apparently I'm lazy because I'm trying to straighten out my kyphotic (hunchback) problem, a big part of which  is Mook's fault in the first place. 

And I've got holes in my CV to fill which is something hardworking Thai people and Steve my Boss and Mook simply don't understand. And that's that then. Well That's Asia for you. 

That's also why Asians aren't friendly anymore. 

They've been friendly for their whole existence and they got stabbed in the back economically by their own gov. And people like Mook really screw down the rafters on that situation. "Good Buddhists" they call themselves. Good Buddhist my a$$.



Comments