Apocalypse in a Jar

 So I bought this 5 liter plastic water container and put some rocks in it and some plants and then I added some ornamental shrimp to live inside.  The first few days 2 of them died. Then a third, then I got 5 more shrimp to put inside. 

Now the thing is the color of my dreams. It looks like hell on earth. It's like I made a doomsday scenario for these poor creatures and their babies and inwardly I feel I couldn't do anything else. They would have died no matter what; just as long as I was involved in the process. 

That's how it feels. I'm not saying it's true, but that's how it feels. 

Well I'm bracing for a storm that looks like that and I think it'll happen fairly soon with the way things are going. I stick to myself, live off very little money and all I do is work. 

On my off-days I sleep and sleep. 

This is hell for me but I'm assuming there's be an end to it at some point. I'm assuming so. I'm praying so. 

And I just checked on the shrimp 2 minutes ago. I got my flashlight and went out onto the balcony and shone it into the little tank. Turns out there's one bright blue one swimming around in there. Who would have expected it? I'm not that bad after all I guess. 

Maybe there's hope.

Comments