At storm's reach

 There is a tremendous yawning void between what is and what should be. People nowadays crave idiocy, even as they reject Truth. 

This is no mere manner of speaking. In a place where the waterline is destined to touch the shore at least once every 30 years, people still build houses on flood plains. It comes to my attention that this is a general rule. 

People are only too happy to have the wool pulled over their eyes and to do so to others until there is no more wool to pull.

Mindset is not enough to pay the bills but if you can be happy regardless of others and what they do to you then you are truly fortunate. 

Today I walked for 1 and a half hours flat. I went to the park and there was some trouble getting there because the lady at the petrol station where I filled my old wagon put in 80 baht where I only had 70. So me being  my honest self I went back home and got the 1 baht along with some more money to get a few lunch items. 

The walk was tremendously good for me and I'm happy to report that I feel much better for it. It makes a huge difference, not only to one's mood but to one's general conviction. Also I feel healthier for it. 

When I came to the Tesco lotus near my old house in the Jungle I saw a farang pass by. He looked young and idiotic and so I did not deign to greet him. 

My mind was too full of thoughts of Aiya my ex today. It always is. 

At the shop I got some soda water and a watermelon which had been marked down to 10 baht. One can very easily live this way. 

On my way to the counter there was a little girl who was very cute and also quite annoying. Her parents were taking their time and frankly I wanted to get the queue moving. Her parents were trying to get her to speak English to me just as I dropped a coin. I said "How are you?" No response. I said "Sabai-dee-mai?" Still nothing. 

And on the way out of the parking lot I waved goodbye to the mei and then remembering myself wai'd her and then the little girl stuck out her tongue at me and I did the same back.

Comments