Thoughts on Forgetting Sarah Marshal

 The Dilemma


It has to be the ultimate nightmare for a guy: Getting the hottest, most beautiful hipster girl in the world only for her to leave you and never look back. I mean... At least she could look back, right? ? 

But girls are not that good at looking back. For some reason, the times we traverse; these are not kind times. 

Not once, but three times I fell in love with a famous or really popular rich girl, and all three times the chick ditched me. Turned her back on me as if I were nothing. 

And then you get to thinking you're nothing. 

And that's bad, because then the thing that got you to that prestigious spot in the world starts turning against you. Your intelligence starts murdering your self-respect, and your lack of self respect becomes a black hole that sucks in EVERTHING. 

More basically though, you have to believe you're intelligent for your intelligence to work for you. If you're intelligent,  you rarely think you are. Intelligence also comes with humility. And when you're good-looking and intelligent but don't believe it, it's almost impossible to use your intelligence and good looks to get anywhere in life. 

If you're like me, if you're a loner, this becomes an existential problem. Now any girl who rejects you, no matter how ugly, becomes the cause of the lowest lows you've experienced in your entire life. And so the cascade continues... 

Until.. you realize: Wait a second! this isn't my life. This is the life I'm being fed because of a very traumatic breakup!



So basically, Chicks can be Dicks

The only guy who can successfully manage a relationship has to be incredibly hardcore. He has to have hundreds of options on the table, otherwise he's nothing in your eyes.

The scene from "Mad Max: Fury Road" is not far off: women are the tokens of the new left. These are people who will break men simply on a whim, and then turn around to blame them afterward.

But in the Mad Max scene I'm talking about, the women get fed to produce milk for society. These women are used by incredibly ruthless men. This is how it's going. Stay enslaved if you want, but us real and ethical men aren't going to take it. We won't be used in the proxy war you're caught up inside. 


But What if You're Not a Rich Movie Composer

The main character of "Forgetting Sarah Marshal"  is a weak idiot of a man. I never had the problem of being with lots of women after that. But let's just say I've got blisters on my hands and things aren't looking so healthy "down there." 

So yeah, I'm weak too. I'm a weak character in my own story. I yield to rejection time and time again. And isolation. And this leaves me absolutely lonely. Lonelier than before in fact. 

The main character keeps a cereal box because Sarah Marshal bought it for him. I did the same thing after my breakup though. Except on a much larger scale: I actually went back to the same apartment and lived there, and visited all the old places we had been to. 

Her? Well she's with someone at the moment. Some guy just bought her a ring. I saw it on her social media post. 


Things to be Proud of Today

It's important to balance things out a bit. How are you improving since she left her? 

In my case, because I'm a kindergarten teacher, I'm proud that I cleaned up the remainders of glass on the floor which was the result of one of my wild lessons where I threw down the exercise ball and it hit the fluorescent bulb on the ceiling. Normally I'd say screw it. Who cares. It's just a couple of shards. 

I'm proud that I've been going to the hot spring every day now for my scoliosis. 

I'm also proud that I'm getting better at cleaning things. Yeah I might shower with pots and pans on occasion but there's  nothing wrong with that.

Things I Need to do Better
  • "Iron your shirt, even your T-shirt" Okay. So... That one got me... I'll buy an Iron next month.
  • Do things as if they're for tomorrow so that you don't need to do them just before. Sure, so I know, it's not in the movie but it's still true. 
  • Stick to girls who believe in you. The last one clearly didn't. How nice it is when a woman really aligns with your vision. 



Comments