That's who I am (and I'm sorry to have disappointed you if that's the case)

This is who I am.

To all the ones I've loved and who loved me back until... that day came when they found out that I was really quite the weakling.

Until the culture surpassed me like a violent wave, and all that I had been suddenly diminished in its cold repelling force.

This is the sickly man that I am. The one who held his shattered past in his begging hat and tried, oh tried as he might to put it all together for you and only you, into a flawless glass sculpture that couldn't ever be. 

This is the one who wasn't rich enough, wasn't young enough, hadn't made it to where you could even consider him a partner in your forever. 

This is me, and I'm quite lost still. Breathing somehow in the underwater gush of face-smother'ng foam of undersea cavern where you left me to die when last you left.

I'm still there, and I'm sorry that we couldn't have our life together.

Sincerely and forever, yours.



Comments