No pRon til 50. Day 8 Age 37.448

 Keep thy heart with all diligence

The gamble of placing all emphasis on health over work-life seems foolish until you realize that the primary reason you used to take on the pRon was a lack of health. 

Health might be the very root of these addictive problems and since we know that Nietzsche was perpetually in bad health, despite his vast intelligence, we also know why he fell into the arms of not one but a few ladies of the streets.

This was his ending as well. A great mind that was cut short because of his love of pleasure and the pride of his heart.

Better to place all bets on health and remain poor and womanless for a time than to fall into perpetual waste.

And if you are blessed, maybe there is another level to all of this. Maybe you can still have a youthful wife, a career etc; but until then, adventure on you old dog! Make the most of this life and become part of the 99th percentile of good health. 

Health should not be the end goal but once you have it sussed, you can build other things around it, and those things will be better than before. 




I woke up this morning with the sense that I have to get things going despite the lack of sleep. I felt the tautness of my muscles, the lightness of my body. I felt all of it instead of the ragged-hearted loneliness that so often used to come over me. 

Last night I was tempted to send some naughty texts to a girl on the DMs but decided that this was a form of pRon albeit verbal. I was listening to Bukowski during the time which may not have been the best idea. 

Anyway. I'm a lot further along than I used to be on day 8. I had no map before, but things feel different this time and I have this blog to thank for that. 

I'm not saying that a blog is the way for you to conquer your addiction, but there's something about making a pact with society where you have to tell the whole and your children's children and the world indelibly, that you've done this shameful thing again. 

Well, I'm sure that deep down many of you are still questioning whether the act is right or wrong. It seems so unserious after all. 

But you need to set in your mind that it's wrong by default. Despite what the massive media and social media channels and all the advertising machines of the world tell you...

                                                                              *

A little observation I realized during my morning yoga routine... Now I went to a jock school. A boy's-only school where the male energy was always overwrought and always really damaging to the soul. 

Well, what I was thinking - or rather  realizing - as I stretched out all my old kinks and micro-fractures and any larger damage was that was caused over the years was that subtle people are subtle with their body movements. Those who are violent and angry are the opposite. They tend to tug and shove their way around life. Maybe, just maybe if I'm more subtle, and if you're more subtle in your understanding of your body and the way you move (which can be taught in subtle arts like Pilates), you can be better with life and with the opposite gender. 


Comments